The purpose of Magnolia Bible Church’s involvement in missions is to work towards fulfilling the great commission found in Matthew 28:19-20: “Therefore, go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”
As a direct reflection of our commitment to this effort, the name of our missions committee is the Great Commission Committee.
We define missions as a ministry that works towards fulfilling the great commission by proclaiming the gospel of Jesus Christ, both home and abroad, through evangelism, discipleship, church planting, and church leadership development.
Our missions values:
- Grace & Bible Teaching. We value working cooperatively with churches, Mission Agencies, Missionaries, schools, and others that share our commitment to grace as the means of salvation, the motivation for the Christian life, and the model for relationships with others. We value working cooperatively with these entities that share our commitment to Bible teaching.
- Strategic Partnerships. To make the best use of our limited time and funds, we value focused involvement. We emphasize developing long-term partnerships that allow us to provide a deeper ministry experience for our church and the Strategic Partnership. These partnerships help us maximize our investment of resources for the Kingdom of God.
We are ever searching for Strategic Partners. Our current Strategic Partners are:
Cuba (in coordination with East West Ministries International): Holguin Province.
Ecuador: Global Outreach International
The Republic of Georgia: Gia Bakhtadze, National Pastor
- Raising Up Magnolia Bible Church Missionaries. We value praying for, identifying, training, and mobilizing homegrown Missionaries for long-term service.
- Leadership Development & The Local Church. We value leadership training and development programs for National Pastors and church leaders. We value the local church as God’s primary means to reach the nations and will strive to link our efforts to the local church locally and globally.
- Short Term Trips. We value short-term mission trips as a way to encourage MBC Missionaries, connect our people to God’s world, and encourage our people to consider deeper involvement in missions. We also see the value of short-term trips to help families grow spiritually together and increase their missions awareness.
- Preparation of God’s People. We value the preparation of God’s people for works of service to others so they, in turn, are readied to minister to others in the building up of the body of Christ.